There are 5 key sales stages that track the progress of the sale from the lead to the initial order, and thereafter to the repeat sale. Here are the stages:
- Lead(s) – the generation of leads, or enquiries
- Meeting(s) – the initial meeting with a potential customer
- Opportunity – the identification and management of an opportunity
- Order – getting the purchase order (incl. the proposal, negotiation and closing)
- Repeat – securing repeat business as well as referrals from existing and past customers
The stages reflect the chronology of the typical sale, as shown in the short video below:
Unable to display content. Adobe Flash is required.
Sales steps are way-points on the sales map, with an average of 3 steps for each stage of the sale.
For example, the steps involved in the Sales Leads stage are; Organise, Generate and Convert.
Sales Steps are the equivalent of major Cities on a map.
Key Sales Success Factors:
Click on any step in the sales map to see the associated key success factors.