Find out if there’s hidden sales potential & pinpoint any new sales skills or techniques that you will need to exploit it. You can do this by using the using the SellerNAV® sales assessment.
No Room For Assumptions
Sales performance is a complex subject will lots of factors involved. That puts measuring sales performance into the realm of science rather than guesswork and assumptions.
Here are 6 reasons to use an assessment as opposed to relying on gut feeling:
- It brings greater objectivity to the analysis and it minimizes bias
- It helps you to back up your views with data and it increases your confidence in taking action
- Its is fast and reduces the time required in meetings and consultations
- Ensures a consistent approach – where lots of people are giving their views or different markets, etc. are involved
- It brings an outside perspective to challenge assumptions and blind-spots
- It takes some of the personalities and politics out of it
Confidently measuring sales performance or potential requires the use of a sales assessment. Using SellerNAV® each team member completes an online assessment. It takes just 24 minutes, so it is a pretty efficient (as well as scientific) way of capturing a lot of sales performance related data.
Using A Scientific Approach
The SellerNAV® assessment is a scientific tool. It has been carefully designed to ensure the highest levels of validity and reliability. That is simply another way of saying that we have gone to great lengths to ensure that the assessment measures the right thing in the right way.
- Validity – In terms of measuring ‘the right things’ SellerNAV® addresses the issue of sales performance and potential in a comprehensive manner, focusing attention on the key success factors in respect of B2B Sales – there is more about this below.
- Reliability – In terms of measuring ‘in the right way’ the SellerNAV® assessment is a scientific research instrument. The questions asked and how they are asked (including the order, the wording, the rating scales, etc.) have been devised by means of rigorous testing.
The use of a standard sales assessment instrument is key. Using a standardized assessment ensures that all members of your team are looking at the issue of sales performance in the same way. That enables peer and best practice comparisons in order to challenge old thinking or inspire new thinking. It also enables tracking over time.
No Room For Assumptions
The scope of the SellerNAV® assessment is comprehensive. It addresses 97 carefully chosen key sales success related variables.
It took more than 5 years of research with the top 15% of salespeople across 40 markets to identify the key success factors in selling. It also spawned 3 books and 1 million pages of best practice research.
The assessment takes a 360 degree of sales performance in all is complexity. It is an ‘in the round’ view of performance taken from all angles – that includes the salesperson’s, as well as the manager’s.
Importantly it’s not about measuring people, BUT the sales performance & potential of the organization. The approach de-personalizes and de-politicizes sales performance. That is key to minimizing response bias, more fundamentally it enables at a 360 degree view of performance.
A Comprehensive View
SellerNAV® is one of the most comprehensive assessments available to sales teams. Its scope includes all those aspects of sales performance. The variables measured can be grouped under 9 headings, as follows:
- Factors that accelerate and inhibit sales performance
- Risks to target
- Key sales related metrics
- Global best practice – based on the Top 15% of sales people
- Sales talent and skills
- Sales tools and techniques
- Sales attitudes and behaviours
- Sales process & systems
Oh and it also incorporates a view of sales success from ‘the other side of the table’ that is from the buyer. That is based on our industry-leading research into the trends in modern buying – something for which we are recognized as among the global leaders (ES Research 2013, USA).
A New Perspective
Putting the scope and the side aside for a moment, the SellerNAV® assessment holds a mirror up to how you and your organization sells. As a result you may be surprised at what you see!
The approach is aimed at generating awareness of what is done well and what needs to be improved. It generates a new perspective on the sales performance and potential of any sales team.
An Insightful Approach
The assessment obviously captures a lot of data, but it is how that data is used is what matters most. SellerNAV puts insight ahead of information. It avoids analysis paralysis by providing not reports, but maps.
The assessment data is used to generate a personalized sales map, that uses alerts to highlight areas that require attention. Users can click on the map to zoom in or out revealing more or less detail as is required.
Your metrics data is used to will calculate the impact of changes in your sales approach on your target. Most importantly users are provided with tools and techniques that they can apply to address their key priorities.
More About The Assessment
SellerNAV® is a family of assessments with tailored versions for different industry verticals and sales role definitions (e.g. account managers, business development, etc.). Importantly, it is sales methodology agnostic and can be used in any organization regardless of the maturity or origin of its sales process/methodology.
Information submitted to the assessment is completely CONFIDENTIAL. The data is governed by our strict data policy and maintained in a highly secure hosting environment.
Click to download the SellerNAV® Sales Asessment Infographic